The Suffolk University Sustainability Committee invites you to submit an entry for our 2010 Earth Day Visual Arts Competition. The theme is the Boston Harbor and its islands. Art may be in the form of: painting, drawing, sculpture, photography, or video. This competition is open to all.
Erica Mattison, Campus Sustainability Coordinator, 12th floor, 73 Tremont.
- Materials must be received by March 31, 2010 by 5PM via email. If necessary, send as 2 or 3 emails, titled submission #1, submission #2, etc.
- Send images in digital format labeled with the submitter’s name. DO NOT send original artwork.
- For video submissions, upload files to a public site such as Youtube and provide the link in your submission.
- Maximum of five works per artist is allowed. There is no size limit.
- Images must be clear, professionally presented, and accurately represent the work.
- Images must be in jpeg format, the largest dimension (length or width) should be 1000 pixels.
- Image resolution must be set at 72 dpi.
- Name each image as follows: artist’s last name_first name_title.jpeg
All submissions must contain an image list, included as a word document or plain text document. The list should be presented as follows:
- Title the list document file: artist last name_artist first.doc
- The list must be headed with the name of the submitter and complete contact information: address, phone number and email address. Publishers, please include a new form for each artist and note on each how many artists you have submitted.
- Each list entry should be numbered corresponding to the digital image titles. The list should include: Entry number, Artist’s name (first last), Title, Year completed, Medium. Edition size, Dimensions: (Length x Width in inches) Plate size, paper size, Printer, Publisher.
Love Song, 2007
Lithograph with chine collé. Edition: 25
Plate: 25" x 25", Paper: 30" x 30"
Printed by Sullivan Graphics
Published by IPCNY Press
Finalists will be determined and their work will be showcased at the April 21 Earth Day Celebration, where attendees will vote to determine their three favorites. The winners will receive a Boston Harbor Island Prize Pack, courtesy of the Boston Harbor Island Alliance. The pieces of artwork will also be displayed in a prominent location.
For information about the Earth Day event, click here.