How to Enroll
Enrollment in the Trial and Appellate Advocacy Concentration is accomplished by filing a Notice of Enrollment form with the Office of Academic Services.
Concentration enrollment may occur as soon as a student completes the first year in law school in good standing.
The latest date students may enroll in a Concentration is October 1st for students graduating in January, and Feb. 1 for students graduating in May.
Formal enrollment in the Trial and Appellate Advocacy Concentration is not complete until the Notice of Enrollment form is filed. Once enrolled in the Concentration, students will be invited to participate in a variety of programs and special events of interest to litigation practitioners.
Continued enrollment in the Trial and Appellate Advocacy Concentration is contingent upon the student:
- Completing the five (5) required core courses;
- Completing an externship with a litigation placement or a Clinical Program; and
- Completing at least three (3) additional elective courses so that it is possible to complete the required twenty-three (23) credits in approved Trial and Appellate Advocacy Concentration courses by the time the student graduates;
- Periodically reviewing the student's progress in attaining the requisite grade point averages with one of the Concentration Faculty Director and/or the Assistant Dean for Academic Services.
- Obtaining the Concentration Faculty Director's approval of the student's plan for completing the Concentration's writing requirement.
Upon completion of the required courses, elective courses, the writing requirement and total credit hours required by the Trial and Appellate Advocacy Concentration, students must complete and file the Notice of Concentration Completion form online.
The latest date students may file Concentration Completion forms is November 1st for January graduates, and March 1st for May graduates.