Welcome to Open Enrollment 2018!
Open Enrollment is the single time each calendar year you may make discretionary changes to your benefit enrollment elections for the medical and dental insurance. If you wish to continue participating in the flexible spending account (medical or dependent care) you must re-enroll this open enrollment period for 2018.
This year's Open Enrollment will take place from November 6 to November 27 at noon.
This is also a good time to think about your other benefit elections including commuter (transit and/or parking), supplemental life insurance, and 403(b) retirement elections as well as updating your beneficiaries.
Important Medical Plan Changes for 2018
- Prescription Drug Coverage will be administered through OptumRx. OptumRx is a nation-wide provider of prescription pharmacy services and because of its size is able to negotiate very favorable prices for prescription medications. Pharmacy expenses represent 20% of the University's total medical costs, so this changes allows better control cover our health insurance rates. You will receive a new medical card from Harvard Pilgrim which will have the OptumRx information on it.
- Specialist copayments will be reduced from $35 to $25 per visit
- The out-of-pocket deductible for the Best Buy HMO plan reduces from $750 for individuals and $1,500 for families to $500 for individuals and $1,000 for families. Chiropractic services are now covered for a $25 copayment.
- November 7 from 11:30 - 1:30 pm in Sargent Hall room 5607
- November 9 from 11:30 - 1:30 pm in Stahl Building room 1102
- November 13 from 11:30 - 1:30 pm in Stahl Building room 1102
- November 15 from 11:30 - 1:30 pm in Somerset room B15
Health & Dental Rate Sheets
Flexible Spending Accounts
Voluntary Life Insurance