Setting goals is key to your career success. That’s why Sawyer Business School’s graduate programs integrate career planning with skill-building workshops and career guidance.
You as a Leader: Effective-Career Planning
As a graduate student, you’ll take You as a Leader: Effective Career Planning, a 1-credit introductory course that helps you chart your future. Based on a self-assessment survey, you’ll develop a career plan that identifies the skills you need to achieve your goals.
You’ll also participate in a hands-on behavioral simulation that mimics the interpersonal dynamics in businesses and helps you understand the roles of top managers.
Once you identify your strengths and weaknesses in Effective Career Planning, it's time to start building your skills. Throughout your program, you'll have access to our EDGE Professional Development workshops, which are open to all Sawyer Business School graduate students across all campuses. Led by executive coaches and corporate consultants, the workshops help you:
- Expand your network
- Build your resume, write cover letters, polish your interview skills
- Negotiate salaries
- Gain expertise in databases like Excel, Access, and Bloomberg
- Learn how to achieve a healthy work-life balance
- And more
Professional Development Sponsorship
If you're interested in joining a professional organization or attending an external professional development workshop, conference, or related event, you can apply for sponsorship funding.With this additional offering, you have expansive opportunities for professional growth and networking. Apply online.
Armed with new skills and a fine-tuned career plan, your professional goals are within reach. Suffolk's Career Development Center will help you implement your career plan. You'll have access to a wide range of services, that will help you:
- Assess your skills, interests, and values
- Find internship opportunities
- Develop strategies for networking
- Create effective resumes and cover letters
- Enhance your interviewing and presentation skills
- Make connections with employers