This spring, six Suffolk students were awarded scholarships from the Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants (MSCPA) Educational Foundation. Each student will receive $2,500 to help fund his/her accounting education.
The following Suffolk students received awards at the MSCPA Believers and Achievers awards reception on May 24.
- Christina Rampone, Abrams Little-Gill Loberfeld Scholarship
- John Tran, Tonneson + Co Scholarship
- Sandra Gaviria, MSCPA Hispanic/Latino Scholarship
- Ralitza Dountcheva, Women in Accounting Scholarship
- Eneda Golemi, Women in Accounting Scholarship
- Kara McCormack, Women in Accounting Scholarship
“Our organization is proud to support young people who will be the future of the CPA profession,” said Amy Pitter, president and CEO of the MSCPA. “Becoming a CPA opens up lots of opportunities in a variety of fields, and we’re excited to support students along their journey.”
MSCPA scholarships are available for both undergraduate and graduate accounting students who are attending a college or university in Massachusetts or attending a college or university out-of-state with a permanent address in Massachusetts. Scholarship funds are issued directly to the students and can be used for tuition, books, interviewing expenses, or other needs.