Please Submit the Following:
- Common Application or Suffolk Application and application fee
- Essay/personal statement
- Official high school transcript* or GED/HiSET results
- TOEFL/IELTS or SAT/ACT**
- Letter of recommendation
- Suffolk can issue your I-20, allowing you to study in the U.S. only after a student has been admitted and your Confidential Declaration of Finances, bank statement, and a copy of your passport have been received. Although these documents are not required to process an admission application, we strongly encourage you to submit these documents when you apply.
Starting College in Madrid, Spain:
Why wait until your Junior year to study abroad? Imagine spending your first year (or two) of college at our campus in Madrid, Spain. You get all the benefits of an American university experience and a leading European experience in a single program. By the time you come to our Boston campus, you’ll have an unmatched global perspective.
- Outstanding academic program
- Intimate, supportive atmosphere
- Academic, social, cultural, and travel opportunities
- Modern, fully equipped classrooms
- Library with access to Suffolk’s library and databases in Boston
- Classes in English
Tuition and fees for starting in Madrid
Art & Design
Art & Design Applicants:
Applying With Portfolio
BFA applicants applying as fine arts, graphic design, or interior architecture majors are required to submit a portfolio as part of the admission process.
Your portfolio should contain only your best–and most recent–work and should demonstrate versatility, showing that you are prepared for the diverse and rigorous first-year foundation program. You may include pieces produced in your high school art classes or on your own through courses at art schools, museums, and adult ed programs.
- Your portfolio should consist of 12-15 examples of recent, original, finished work:
- Pieces showing skill in observational drawing/painting (still life studies, self-portraits, figure studies)
- You may also include abstract and design-based pieces in drawing, paint or collage
- Work that demonstrates a range of media and techniques
- Do not include anime, manga-based work, or pieces copied directly from photographs
- Limit the number of computer-generated pieces
Submit your portfolio in ONE of the following ways:
Applying Without Portfolio
If you are a BFA applicant who does not have a portfolio, you can begin your studies at the University as "Undecided Arts and Sciences." Students who meet the stated conditions in their first semester will be considered for full entry into the BFA program.
|Spring 2018 Admission & Financial Aid||December 1|
|Early Action Fall 2018 Admission||November 15|
|Fall 2018 Admission||February 15|
|Fall 2018 Transfer Admission||June 30|
|Fall 2018 Financial Aid||March 1|
|Priority Financial Aid for Transfers||June 1|
The deadline for priority financial aid is March 1; funding for students submitting an application after that date will be based on availability. The FAFSA is required to be considered for need-based financial aid..