Visiting or Non-Degree Students (CAPS)
If you're interested in enrolling in classes as a non-degree seeking student, please complete the Continuing and Professional Studies Registration (CAPS) form. Before submitting your form, be sure to read these policies and instructions:
- CAPS students may take courses in the College of Arts & Sciences and the Sawyer Business School if they have completed all necessary prerequisites.
- Typically, applicants are required to have an academic grade point average of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale to be approved as a CAPS student.
- Current college students must submit an official college transcript, in addition to the CAPS application.
- Current secondary students must submit an official high school transcript and a recommendation letter from their school counselor, in addition to the CAPS application.
- Suffolk University requires that a parent or guardian of any student age 16 or under sign a separate permission form, which will be supplied by the Office of Undergraduate Admission.
- Applicants whose primary language is not English must be able to demonstrate proficiency in reading and writing English.
- CAPS students may
only take up to 30 credits at the non-degree level. Those wishing to take more
than 30 credits must apply as a degree-seeking student. Please visit www.suffolk.edu/applicationsfor
- New CAPS students should use this form. Returning CAPS students may register online using the MySuffolk portal.
- Submit additional required documents to the Office of Undergraduate Admission
Mail: 8 Ashburton Place
Boston, MA 02108
Walk-In: 73 Tremont Street, 6th Floor
Boston, MA 02108
- Once your application has been approved, you will be contacted by a member of the Office of Undergraduate Admission and issued a student identification number.
- After the identification number has been issued, you will be instructed to contact the Office of the Bursar at 617.573.8407 to make a payment.
- Once payment has been submitted, please contact the Office of the Registrar to complete the course registration process at 617.573-8430 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call the Office of Undergraduate Admission at 617-573-8460 with questions about admission policies. Call the Office of the Registrar at 617-573-8430 with questions on registration procedures or course availability. Call the office of the Bursar at 617-573-8407 with questions about tuition fees and payment policies.