To ensure that we are providing quality services to all members of the campus community, we will appreciate your cooperation in following our policies. Please speak to one of our staff members if you have any questions or concerns at any time.
- Tutees must arrive on time for each tutoring appointment session. Further, tutees who arrive 10 minutes after the start of the scheduled appointment will have their appointments canceled and must reschedule.
- In the event a tutee must cancel an appointment, the tutee should provide at least 24 hours’ notice, whenever possible.
- Tutees must come to their appointments prepared (i.e. with syllabi, assignment sheets, notes, textbooks, planners, etc.) and tutees MUST bring a hard copy of any papers on which they wish to work.
- Tutoring sessions are strictly 30 minutes or 60 minutes long (depending on what they are scheduled for). No additional time can be given beyond the scheduled time frame unless additional appointments are made.
- Tutees may attend 4 tutoring sessions per subject per week, with a total limit of 12 sessions per week. (Note: for scheduling purposes, writing counts as a subject, so tutees are also limited to 4 writing appointments per week.)
- Tutees are bound to the Academic Misconduct Policy (as detailed in the online student handbook) issued by Student Affairs. Any student found in violation of this policy will be reported to the Dean of Students Office who will investigate said issues and take appropriate sanctions.
- Tutees will not seek tutoring help for any assignment in which the instructor has forbidden assistance. Furthermore, for any assignment labeled “exam,” “test,” “quiz,” or “take-home,” the tutee must obtain written permission from the instructor to allow tutors to assist. (This written permission may be typed or written by the instructor on the assignment sheet, or it may be emailed to one of the members of the Student Academic Support Services team.)
Thank you. We look forward to working with you.