Follow the steps below to start the process:
- Attend a Study Abroad Info Session and discuss your study abroad plans (eligibility, application process, country of interest, tuition) with a Study Abroad Advisor.
- Research course offerings for your study abroad program by consulting the program’s website.
- Review your program evaluation and generate a list of courses/requirements you would like to complete abroad.
- Schedule an appointment with an Academic Advisor to figure out which courses you'll take abroad, and how those courses will transfer back.
- Submit your completed materials via the Study Abroad Online Application portal.
Scheduling a study abroad appointment with an academic advisor:
- Call 617-573-8034 or stop by the 9th floor of 73 Tremont St.
- When making the appointment, please indicate the country, program of interest and semester you plan to go abroad.
- All study abroad appointments are scheduled for ONE HOUR. Please plan accordingly when making the appointments.
- Walk-ins cannot be accommodated for study abroad appointments.
We recommend that you begin the study abroad application process at least three to four weeks before the application deadline. Do not wait until the deadline is near to make an appointment with an academic advisor.
- Program Evaluation
- List of courses/degree requirements that you would like to complete abroad
- Course descriptions and/or syllabi you researched that best match your Suffolk requirements
STUDY ABROAD ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
In order to apply to study abroad:
- You must be a currently enrolled student with a GPA of 2.5 or higher (some programs have higher GPA requirements) at the time of application.
- You must have sophomore or junior standing by the time you plan to go abroad.
- Students with less than 30 credits (first year students) OR students within 30 credits of graduation (seniors) may only study at our Madrid campus.
- You must not have transferred in to Suffolk with more than 60 credits.
- You must be in good academic, disciplinary, and financial standing with the university.